Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chinese Garlic Chicken

I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I'll post it soon if I make soon. hahaha!

This recipe is my favorite since GOD has talked me into having cooking as my passion when I was introduced to this dish.

The first time I made this, when my mom was away for a seminar, my dad ate all of it. It is then I told myself that I love to fulfill other people's tummy with good food. One way to minister, too. For the greater glory of GOD!

Ingredients:
1 kilo chicken breasts, deboned and sliced into bite-size pieces
oil for stir frying

For the marinade: Mix
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
ground peppercorn to taste

For the garlic mixture: Combine
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
green onions, finely chopped
sesame oil (a few drops)
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry or cooking wine (optional) <~I never used this hahaha!
1/4 tsp chili paste

1.) Marinate the chicken for about 25 minutes.
2.) Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry the marinated chicken for two minutes.
3.) Add garlic mixture and continue to stir-fry on high heat for about three minutes. Serve hot.

I got this recipe from "Your Favorite International Cuisines" by Noel Young.

If you don't like wine and chili paste in it, don't use them. They'll be just fine.

I don't use them. hehehe! I have this pet peeve with wine used in food because of the smell. But then, it can taste good at first, after a while, it gets old (not literal hehehe). Tried it in some recipes in Culinary school. Whatever's your style.

ENJOY! I LOVE THIS RECIPE!

ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

EXPERIMENT!

P.U.S.H.

When you feel GOD's love, OVERFLOW IN COOKING!

No comments: